Were you exposed?

After Cancer - Now What? — By on January 21, 2010 at 12:16 pm

From After cancer, now what

div class=”separator” style=”clear: both; text-align: center;”a href=”http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3WfwzsWpUQ4/S1XB06CjSXI/AAAAAAAAAw4/ZV4qAOaMVQs/s1600-h/nevada+bomb.jpg” imageanchor=”1″ style=”clear: left; float: left; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-right: 1em;”img border=”0″ src=”http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3WfwzsWpUQ4/S1XB06CjSXI/AAAAAAAAAw4/ZV4qAOaMVQs/s320/nevada+bomb.jpg” //abr /
/divFrom 1945 through 1962, the United States conducted nearly 200 above ground nuclear weapons tests in Nevada. At the same time Americans in eleven states were employed in mining and transporting uranium. In October of 1990 Congress passed the Radiation Exposure Compensation Act.br /
br /
If you lived in Nevada, Utah or Arizona between 1951 and 1962 and have developed cancer you may be eligible for compensation from the federal government.br /
br /
Man, I sound like a late night ad for a lawyer. Basically if you were living in the area during that time and lived in specific counties and developed one of the specifically listed diseases you could get some reimbursement.nbsp; Unsuprisingly perhaps, some of the covered area is Native American reservation and tribal lands so if you are Hopi, Navajo or Yavapai Apache Indian you should definitely investigate the reimbursement.br /
br /
Of course it goes without saying that money does not compensate for being ill with cancer but if it can keep people from losing their life savings or their house it is definitely worth looking into.br /
br /
Associated with the radiation exposure or “downwinders” is another possible funding source called the a href=”http://www.justice.gov/civil/torts/const/reca/eeoicpa.htm”Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act /a which may pay additional amounts above and beyond the initial RECP payments.br /
br /
Claims can be filed ibposthumously/b/i by surviving spouses, children and grandchildren.nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp; br /
br /
More information can be found at the (RECP) a href=”http://www.justice.gov/civil/torts/const/reca/about.htm”web site/a and of course there are attorneys who would be more than happy to file your case for you. I do not have personal experience so I can not advise whether having an attorney makes much difference in filing.br /
br /
If you have had experience filing for these benefits share with us in the comments. br /
div class=”separator” style=”clear: both; text-align: center;”br /
/divdiv class=”blogger-post-footer”img width=’1′ height=’1′ src=’https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/tracker/4713736175601908568-2821055767943613231?l=www.aftercancernowwhat.com’ alt=” //div
pa href=”http://feedads.g.doubleclick.net/~a/E4zTRaZAjMN9I0nNMWT1b2tA074/0/da”img src=”http://feedads.g.doubleclick.net/~a/E4zTRaZAjMN9I0nNMWT1b2tA074/0/di” border=”0″ ismap=”true”/img/abr/
a href=”http://feedads.g.doubleclick.net/~a/E4zTRaZAjMN9I0nNMWT1b2tA074/1/da”img src=”http://feedads.g.doubleclick.net/~a/E4zTRaZAjMN9I0nNMWT1b2tA074/1/di” border=”0″ ismap=”true”/img/a/pdiv class=”feedflare”
a href=”http://feeds.feedburner.com/~ff/blogspot/JRdr?a=IMewH4WYxO4:p2UTBq1vlvk:yIl2AUoC8zA”img src=”http://feeds.feedburner.com/~ff/blogspot/JRdr?d=yIl2AUoC8zA” border=”0″/img/a
/divimg src=”http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/blogspot/JRdr/~4/IMewH4WYxO4″ height=”1″ width=”1″/

Please read this blog and let us know what you think below.

Leave a Reply


Leave a Trackback